jpilot@lists.jpilot.org

General support, questions, patches for J-Pilot.

View all threads

Issue with fonts in v2.0.1

BR
Brock Riedell
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 2:44 PM

All,

I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot.  All works
fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out
how to fix that.  Any suggestions?

Regards
Brock

All, I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot.  All works fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out how to fix that.  Any suggestions? Regards Brock
RS
Rich Shepard
Sun, Sep 12, 2021 3:08 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2021, Brock Riedell wrote:

I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot. All works
fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out how
to fix that. Any suggestions?

Brock,

In 1.8.2 ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc there's a line
char_set 0
which is likely to be the defult.

Try changing that integer and see what happens.

Otherwise, I've no idea.

Rich

On Sun, 12 Sep 2021, Brock Riedell wrote: > I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot. All works > fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out how > to fix that. Any suggestions? Brock, In 1.8.2 ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc there's a line char_set 0 which is likely to be the defult. Try changing that integer and see what happens. Otherwise, I've no idea. Rich
DM
David Malia
Mon, Sep 13, 2021 4:19 PM

It's using css rather than rc files  in version 2.

If you copy /usr/share/jpilot/jpilotcss.default to ~/.jpilot, it will use that file, and you should be able to tweak the settings.  I thought it was installing it already to the home directory, but I missed something.

At the bottom of the file there is the following lines:

  • {

    font-family: Arial Black, sans-serif;
    font-size: 10pt;

}

Change "font-family: Arial Black, sans-serif;" to "font-family: Arial, sans-serif;", and the font won't appear to be bolded everywhere.

Thanks,
David Malia

This email originated from outside of K-State.

On Sun, 12 Sep 2021, Brock Riedell wrote:

I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot. All works
fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out how
to fix that. Any suggestions?

Brock,

In 1.8.2 ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc there's a line
char_set 0
which is likely to be the defult.

Try changing that integer and see what happens.

Otherwise, I've no idea.

Rich

It's using css rather than rc files in version 2. If you copy /usr/share/jpilot/jpilotcss.default to ~/.jpilot, it will use that file, and you should be able to tweak the settings. I thought it was installing it already to the home directory, but I missed something. At the bottom of the file there is the following lines: * { font-family: Arial Black, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; } Change "font-family: Arial Black, sans-serif;" to "font-family: Arial, sans-serif;", and the font won't appear to be bolded everywhere. Thanks, David Malia ________________________________ From: Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2021 10:08 AM To: General support, questions, patches for J-Pilot. <jpilot@lists.jpilot.org> Subject: [jp] Re: Issue with fonts in v2.0.1 This email originated from outside of K-State. On Sun, 12 Sep 2021, Brock Riedell wrote: > I've recently installed the new (v2.0.1) version of J-Pilot. All works > fine, except that all the displays are bolded, and I cannot figure out how > to fix that. Any suggestions? Brock, In 1.8.2 ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc there's a line char_set 0 which is likely to be the defult. Try changing that integer and see what happens. Otherwise, I've no idea. Rich _______________________________________________ Jpilot mailing list -- jpilot@lists.jpilot.org To unsubscribe send an email to jpilot-leave@lists.jpilot.org