jpilot@lists.jpilot.org

General support, questions, patches for J-Pilot.

View all threads

New GTK version - GTK color theme file

sawbona@gmx.net
Tue, May 11, 2021 1:02 AM

Hello:

Just downloaded 2.0.1 to try out.

Installed the *.deb files from jpilot.org as I run Devuan Beowulf and the repository still has the
previous version.

Install went smoothly. 8^ )

Q:
The rendering of the color theme file does not look right.

eg:
|  File  |  View  |  Plugins |  and | Help | are rendered in white lettering on a light gray
background, same with the drop down menus but with a light background depending on the
theme.

The Name - Address - Other - Note - All tabs don't look right either.
As I'm not on Ubuntu but on Devuan, could it be that I'm missing some dependency?

Please note that the link to jpilot_2.0.1-1_amd64.deb in the Downloads page is pointing to the
previous version. ie: jpilot_2.0.0-1_amd64.deb

Thanks in advance,

JHM

Hello: Just downloaded 2.0.1 to try out. Installed the *.deb files from jpilot.org as I run Devuan Beowulf and the repository still has the previous version. Install went smoothly. 8^ ) Q: The rendering of the color theme file does not look right. eg: | File | View | Plugins | and | Help | are rendered in white lettering on a light gray background, same with the drop down menus but with a light background depending on the theme. The Name - Address - Other - Note - All tabs don't look right either. As I'm not on Ubuntu but on Devuan, could it be that I'm missing some dependency? ------- Please note that the link to jpilot_2.0.1-1_amd64.deb in the Downloads page is pointing to the previous version. ie: jpilot_2.0.0-1_amd64.deb -------- Thanks in advance, JHM
DM
David Malia
Tue, May 11, 2021 2:49 PM

When I get home from work, I can install Devuan Beowulf 3.0.0 in a VM, and see if I can see what you are seeing.  JPilot is using Gnome 3-based css files for the rendering.  It's possible there is some weirdness there with things with the default themes.

Thanks,
David Malia

This email originated from outside of K-State.

Hello:

Just downloaded 2.0.1 to try out.

Installed the *.deb files from jpilot.org as I run Devuan Beowulf and the repository still has the
previous version.

Install went smoothly. 8^ )

Q:
The rendering of the color theme file does not look right.

eg:
|  File  |  View  |  Plugins |  and | Help | are rendered in white lettering on a light gray
background, same with the drop down menus but with a light background depending on the
theme.

The Name - Address - Other - Note - All tabs don't look right either.
As I'm not on Ubuntu but on Devuan, could it be that I'm missing some dependency?

Please note that the link to jpilot_2.0.1-1_amd64.deb in the Downloads page is pointing to the
previous version. ie: jpilot_2.0.0-1_amd64.deb

Thanks in advance,

JHM

When I get home from work, I can install Devuan Beowulf 3.0.0 in a VM, and see if I can see what you are seeing. JPilot is using Gnome 3-based css files for the rendering. It's possible there is some weirdness there with things with the default themes. Thanks, David Malia ________________________________ From: sawbona@gmx.net <sawbona@gmx.net> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 8:02 PM To: jpilot@lists.jpilot.org <jpilot@lists.jpilot.org> Subject: [jp] New GTK version - GTK color theme file This email originated from outside of K-State. Hello: Just downloaded 2.0.1 to try out. Installed the *.deb files from jpilot.org as I run Devuan Beowulf and the repository still has the previous version. Install went smoothly. 8^ ) Q: The rendering of the color theme file does not look right. eg: | File | View | Plugins | and | Help | are rendered in white lettering on a light gray background, same with the drop down menus but with a light background depending on the theme. The Name - Address - Other - Note - All tabs don't look right either. As I'm not on Ubuntu but on Devuan, could it be that I'm missing some dependency? ------- Please note that the link to jpilot_2.0.1-1_amd64.deb in the Downloads page is pointing to the previous version. ie: jpilot_2.0.0-1_amd64.deb -------- Thanks in advance, JHM _______________________________________________ Jpilot mailing list -- jpilot@lists.jpilot.org To unsubscribe send an email to jpilot-leave@lists.jpilot.org
sawbona@gmx.net
Tue, May 11, 2021 3:05 PM

Hello:

On 11 May 2021 at 14:49, David Malia wrote:

... home from work, I can install Devuan ...
... can see what you are seeing.

Thank you very much.  8^D
There's no hurry though, whenever you can spare the time.

JPilot is using Gnome 3-based css files for the rendering.

I see.

It's possible there is some weirdness ...

Could be as I have Xfce4 (for the time being) in Devuan, not Gnome.

Both gtk2 and gtk3 engines are installed:

gtk2-engines-xfce/stable,now 3.2.0-4 amd64
gtk3-engines-xfce/stable,now 3.2.0-4 amd64

And I  do have some Gnome applications.

eg:
gnome-icon-theme
gnome-keyring-pkcs11
gnome-keyring
gnome-mime-data
gnome-system-log
gnome-system-tools

It was sort of hurting my eyes so I went back to 1.8.2 which has been running perfectly well
from the start.

Thanks,

On the contrary, thank you.

Best,

JHM

Hello: On 11 May 2021 at 14:49, David Malia wrote: > ... home from work, I can install Devuan ... > ... can see what you are seeing. Thank you very much. 8^D There's no hurry though, whenever you can spare the time. > JPilot is using Gnome 3-based css files for the rendering. I see. > It's possible there is some weirdness ... Could be as I have Xfce4 (for the time being) in Devuan, not Gnome. Both gtk2 and gtk3 engines are installed: gtk2-engines-xfce/stable,now 3.2.0-4 amd64 gtk3-engines-xfce/stable,now 3.2.0-4 amd64 And I do have some Gnome applications. eg: gnome-icon-theme gnome-keyring-pkcs11 gnome-keyring gnome-mime-data gnome-system-log gnome-system-tools It was sort of hurting my eyes so I went back to 1.8.2 which has been running perfectly well from the start. > Thanks, On the contrary, thank *you*. Best, JHM