[jp] Can't get keyring working on new Tungsten-E

Jochen Hoenicke hoenicke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:01:31 EST 2016

Hello Mark

>  The KeyRing program does not show up on my palm, despite my having
> installed jpilot-plugins package on my computer.  Is there something I need
> to the palm?  Or something else I need to do?

Yes, you need to install the keyring application from:

http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/download.html

After installing it, run it on the Palm.  It will ask you for a master
password and then create the Keys-Gtkr database.  Then sync again and it
should work in jpilot.

I haven't tried it for a while.  I keep my old palm only for sentimental
reasons and haven't used it for several years.  I think the 2.0 pre-release
is not supported by jpilot (it has a different database format with some
crypto improvements).

Regards,
  Jochen