[jp] jpilot 64 bit download

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sat Jan 31 16:16:18 EST 2015

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:41:28 -0500
Jose <teacherjh at aol.com> wrote:

> Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Not "impossible."  Being an old-timer: I always fix my Ubuntu and
> > Mint installs so I can, when I want.
>
> True... you can create a user "root" with appropriate privileges,

The root user already exists--it just has no password.

I suppose there may exist, somewhere, a flavour of *nix that operates
without the root user existing, but I've never seen one.

> but it opens the hole that Ubuntu tried to cover (attackers trying
> to log in as root).
[snip]

What's the difference between somebody logging in as user "root" or
logging in as user "foo" that has root-level sudo permissions?

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is