[jp] jpilot 64 bit download

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 31 08:47:34 EST 2015

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, Jose wrote:

> It is impossible to log in as root ...

Jose,

   That's interesting. I've wondered why those using a ubuntu always used
sudo. I run Slackware and am unfamiliar with other distributions.

> In other Linux systems, it is possible to log in as root, but normally one
> does not do this. Sudo has the same effect here. But for those systems,
> you should also be able to log in as root and run the command without
> sudo, because you are already root.

   Seems to me that the problem being discussed is that jpilot must be
installed by root in /usr/bin/ or /usr/local/bin so the binary is owned by
root. Would it be possible to use sudo to chown user.user_group or chmod
755? This would allow the user to invoke jpilot.

Rich