[jp] Sync additional info

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 25 08:54:30 EST 2015

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015, bob wrote:

> I neglected to say there is nothing in modprobe like visor or other Jpilot
> related entries.
>
> The entries in /etc/modules are lp and rtc

Bob,

   That's a very short list of mudules! What you need to do is, as root
(using 'sudo' seems to be the way the ubuntus do it) is run 'modprobe visor'
when the system boots.

   First, make sure that you have the visor module in the subdirectory of
modules for the kernel version you're running. Second, add that module to
whatever file holds modules you eant loaded when the system boots.

   Slackware is all I use, and here that module is in
/lib/modules/3.10.17/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/visor.ko

(this host runs the 32-bit flavor, but it's in the equivalent subdirectory
on the 64-bit hosts).

   Then, in /etc/rc.d/rc.local I have the line
# load driver for PDA
modprobe visor

and lsmod shows

visor                   6726  0