[jp] Sync Problem After Reboot [RESOLVED]

Lucas Levrel llevrel at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 16 04:00:48 EST 2015

Hi,

Le 15 janvier 2015, Rich Shepard a écrit :
>  I understand this. What I would like to understand is what broke when I
> rebooted the system.

Between the problematic reboot and the previous one, did you update the
packages containing the usb and/or visor kernel modules? Or the kernel
itself?

> 60-persistent-serial.rules

You should probably quote its contents.

>  lsusb does not show a ttyUSB1 when the button on the connector cable is
> pressed.
>
>  With jpilot's setting for the port as usb: I see this in /var/log/messages
> when I press the button, cancel the sync, then disconnect:
>
> Jan 15 17:13:45 salmo kernel: [294631.935588] usb 3-2: Handspring Visor /
> Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
> Jan 15 17:13:45 salmo kernel: [294631.935628] usb 3-2: Handspring Visor /
> Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1

This seems contradictory with the lsusb output.

Note that jpilot's setting wouldn't affect kernel messages. Also the sync
itself doesn't give any messages in /var/log/messages, only the connection
(I can connect my Palm Zire and sync it independently, maybe you can't
with your model).

Here I also get messages from modules "usbcore" and "usbserial". Do you
have these in your installation or package repositories?

>  Seems to me that it should be either ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1, not both.

I have both too. It's not a problem, those are just symbolic links to the
relevant /dev file.

--
Lucas Levrel