[jp] Pilot-sync emulation

James E. LaBarre j.e.labarre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 23:35:32 EST 2014

I've wondered what it would take to add a pilot-sync conduit emulation
to Android.  Make it something that calendar, address & to-do apps on
the Android device could address.  I'm thinking that could be a way to
get something approaching PalmOS functionality on newer devices.  I
really think relying on sync servers halfway around the world, or having
to run a whole server (and hope you can find a desktop that will work
with that server).  Again; under PalmOS you could do a direct sync over
USB directly to your computer; there's no reasonable reason (other than
arrogant decisions from Google and other providers) that you shouldn't
be able to do it on hardware that is (supposedly) well advanced from
even the Palm Centro, etc.