[jp] HotSync

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sat May 18 22:28:47 EDT 2013

On Sat, 18 May 2013 05:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

[snip]

>    Since jpilot calls pilot-xfer do do the work you might consider
> reading that man page and running the synchronization from a
> virtual terminal so you can see just what's happening.
>
>    Depending on how the hand-held is connected to the desktop the
> sequence of dance steps is important.
[snip]

It's a funny ol' thing, but I'm using the same cable (USB cable with
a button on it) with my Palm Centro with both pilot-xfer and JPilot,
and...

    . For pilot-xfer I must push the USB cable button and then, within
      a few, *very* few--like two or three, seconds, start pilot-xfer.

    . For JPilot I just push the desired JPilot "button," then the
      cable button, pretty much at my leisure, and away it goes.

Weird.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is