[jp] HotSync

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 18 16:49:57 EDT 2013

On Sat, 18 May 2013, accessys at smart.net wrote:

> one thing that this list brought to my attention is that both the button
> on the cable and the key click to scncronize must be almost simultanous
> for it to work right.  not sure why

Bob,

   Not for every device. The Palms, Handsprings, and the Kyocera smart
phone connected to the desktop via a cradle. This required clicking the
jpilot sync icon first, then the cradle button. My Treo 700p is connected
via a USB cable and here I need to press the cable button first, then wait
2-4 seconds before clicking on the jpilot icon.

   With the new udev rules the handheld device does not exist until the cable
button is pressed. Then it takes a few seconds for the device to be
instantiated and recognized by jpilot.

   If you work in a terminal using pilot-xfer you'll see just what is going
on.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |