[jp] HotSync

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 18 08:59:50 EDT 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013, hillhoppernew wrote:

> Thus it seems I must have hit on the combination earlier, but I still
> haven't mastered file transfers between the machines.
>
> Any assistance appreciated.

   Well, ... it would help us to help you if you are more explicit about the
difficulties you're encountering.

   Since jpilot calls pilot-xfer do do the work you might consider reading
that man page and running the synchronization from a virtual terminal so you
can see just what's happening.

   Depending on how the hand-held is connected to the desktop the sequence of
dance steps is important. If your USB cable has a button on the hand-held
end, click that (you'll hear a beep), and a few (2-4) seconds later click on
the jpilot sync icon or initiate pilot-xfer. That is the sequence I needed
to use when I switched to my Treo 700p. However, with the Palm Pilots and
Handspring Visor Pros we've had the connection was via cradle. For these, if
I correctly recall, I clicked the jpilot sync icon before pressing the
cradle button.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |