[jp] Importing Data to Contacts

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sat May 11 09:28:09 EDT 2013

On Thu, 9 May 2013 05:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    I've done this. Many of the columns/fields I do not use (which
> is not an issue as they can remain blank), but the one issue I've
> not yet resolved is having commas within a string (e.g., 'Some
> Company, Inc.') be exported as two separate fields because the
> comma is seen as a separator and each piece is enclosed in double
> quotes.

I just did a test export of my Palm addressbook from JPilot, and it
looks to me, with only cursory examination, like it's doing the right
thing.  For example: "Answering Svc., Inc."  I have several records
with such fields.  Some with multiple comma-separated parts.

That should be seen by anything importing it as a single field, as
per the CSV specification.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is