[jp] Importing Data to Contacts

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 9 08:42:22 EDT 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Judd Montgomery wrote:

> I think the easiest way would be to export the contacts into a file and
> then look at the header.

Judd,

   I've done this. Many of the columns/fields I do not use (which is not an
issue as they can remain blank), but the one issue I've not yet resolved is
having commas within a string (e.g., 'Some Company, Inc.') be exported as
two separate fields because the comma is seen as a separator and each piece
is enclosed in double quotes.

Regards,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |