[jp] Owncloud - Update

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Mar 9 20:25:14 EST 2013

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:37:57 +1100

I have got satisfactory use of the ownCloud system
Ensure that on your server you install a 4.5 version at least.
If you upgrade, even on Debian it loses your prior database, so backup
and then restore your files.

OwnCloud 4.5 uses sqlite, while the previous version was on mysql,
which is why there is no smooth upgrade path.

I have the desktop sync client installed on my desktop, and it syncs
a general folder, and any other folder of your choice. I chose that it
would also sync .keepassx so I have my passwords.

On the Android I installed a the Owncloud client, a task manager, a
carddav sync client and a caldav sync client.
These were 'ownCloud' 'Quick Contact' 'CardDAV-Sync free beta'
'CalDAV-Sync beta'.
$2.69 spent so far in the Store.
I think I installed ownCloud for Android straight off the net,
otherwise another $1.99.

I have exported my Jpilot Contacts, Calendar, Keyring, but not ToDo or
MemoPad.
I haven't got much in ToDo and MemoPad so that hasn't been a problem.
Jpilot would export to ical format from ToDo, but ownCloud Tasks
doesn't seem to have an import facility.

Liz