[jp] Problem with Z22

Mark Grieveson dg135 at torfree.net
Tue Jul 30 01:39:18 EDT 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 00:39:42 -0400
Mark Grieveson <dg135 at torfree.net> wrote:

> Hello.  Since my Zire 21 seems to have died, I bought a used Z22.  It
> works, but when I tried to use J-Pilot to restore the handheld, I was
> given the following error:
>
> "fatal alert:  AddressLib.c, Line:395, Invalid Appinfo Block."
>
> Any idea why I'm getting this error?

I think I solved this by skipping the file "ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb".  But
I'm having other problems now.  I tried to sync after the
Restore Handheld, but it tells me that it's "Unable to initiate HotSync
operation because the port is in use by another application."  Also, I
checked and KeyRing is not installed.  Here is a readout of what was
installed:

-----===== Restore Handheld ======-----
 Syncing on device usb:
 Press the HotSync button now
lastSyncPC = 0
This PC = 331271923
Installing AddressDB.pdb (Creator ID 'addr')... OK
Installing CalendarDB-PDat.pdb (Creator ID 'PDat')... OK
Installing ConnectionMgr50DB.pdb (Creator ID 'modm')... OK
Installing DatebookDB.pdb (Creator ID 'date')... OK
Installing ExpenseDB.pdb (Creator ID 'exps')... OK
Installing Keys-Gtkr.pdb (Creator ID 'Gtkr')... OK
Installing LauncherDB.pdb (Creator ID 'lnch')... OK
Installing MailDB.pdb (Creator ID 'mail')... OK
Installing Memo32DB.pdb (Creator ID 'pn32')... OK
Installing MemoDB.pdb (Creator ID 'memo')... OK
Installing MemosDB-PMem.pdb (Creator ID 'PMem')... OK
Installing NetworkDB.pdb (Creator ID 'netw')... OK
Installing Queries.pdb (Creator ID 'QRYS')... OK
Installing Saved Preferences.prc (Creator ID 'psys')... OK
Installing TasksDB-PTod.pdb (Creator ID 'PTod')... OK
Installing ToDoDB.pdb (Creator ID 'todo')... OK
Installing locLCusLocationDB.pdb (Creator ID 'locL')... OK
Installing locLDefLocationDB.pdb (Creator ID 'locL')... OK
Installing locLTimeZoneDB.pdb (Creator ID 'locL')... OK
Installing npadDB.pdb (Creator ID 'npad')... OK

These are similar issues to what I was getting with my Zire 21.  I've
been using jpilot for a long time, and I'm not sure why now I'm getting
these issues.

Mark