[jp] Goodbye, and thanks for all

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Tue Jul 16 16:04:05 EDT 2013

(we should really start a new thread)

Am I the only one thinking this problem has already be (partially)
solved in GIT?

30K view:  All changes are time stamped.  All devices are
synchronized.   All changes are considered in their actual temporal
order.  Not in the order the devices were synchronized. So, who ever
made the last change wins.  The assumption is the person making the
later change knows more about the situation. Not always true.  But you
have to make some rules.  If you want to make it perfect, then you need
to add change history to each event and make that available to all
devices upon each synchronization.