[jp] Goodbye, and thanks for all

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Mon Jul 15 13:39:47 EDT 2013

I've wanted to move to a android setup to run Debian - it is sort of possible - I configured one,
but it is running under a system that has a root-file-system that you can't see.

Thus Androids have code running ( sort of a bios layer that you can't access ) that is doing what?
My hunch is that keeping passwords on such a phone is not secure. It is only a matter of time before
the backdoors inserted into the phones for the government get borrowed by the black-hats.

All the major players have had the same offer - do business with us or go out of business.  It might
be different with Chinese hardware?  I don't want any code running that I don't know about.

I might keep running a treo for a long time yet.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Machine skates: a nightmare with a design flaw. -kps