[jp] JPilot Address Book to Google Contacts

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sun Aug 25 17:04:31 EDT 2013

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 16:51:30 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

[snip]

> jpilot seems to be able to export to "vCard (optimized for
> GMail/Android Import)"

*sigh*...

Okay, my idiocy is now officially confirmed :p  I did not even notice
that on the export menu.  To make things worse: *Now* I think I
recall Judd mentioning creating it.  Or somebody having created it.

On the other hand...

> I infer that that must be different from Google Contacts.  Wow.

I don't know.  It looks quite a bit different from what Goog's
contacts export creates.

And my script is handling translation of Custom 1 thru Custom 9 when
there's a comparable Google Contacts field. (E.g.: "Wife", "Husband"
or "Spouse".)

Right now I'm trying to figure out what Google Contacts' "custom"
fields want.  Their own export gets it wrong and puts all Custom
fields in Notes.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is