[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Fri Jan 21 13:45:13 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 08:36 AM, Jim Seymour wrote:
>> From: Judd Montgomery<judd at jpilot.org>
>>
>> You guys will like this.  Google is forcing all of the application
>> developers to start using a Licensing Service.
> [snip]
>
> Reason #7 to not buy a 'droid, in my book.  That was quick.
>
> I *was* on the fence, before this morning.  No longer.

Amazon is coming out with their own market.  I don't know how or if the
licensing will work on it.  Licensing isn't applicable on free apps.
There is still the option for developers to come up with their own
protection schemes and sell the apps themselves, or just trust the
customer to be moral.

Judd