[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

Jack Haverty jack at 3kitty.org
Fri Jan 21 02:44:43 EST 2011

I guess I won't be buying anything Android-based, hardware or software.
Where I live, there is no reliable cell service - just certain places
where you can get the signal.  The closest to my house is several miles
away (and it's plain old service, not 3G, 4G, etc)  Lots of territory in
the West is like that.  Mountainous areas have lots of dead zones.  I
guess Google et al don't realize that not everyone lives in a city.
Even those who do live in the urban area expect to have their toys work
when they come out to the ocean or mountains to play.

Perhaps Meego is the hope for the future.

/Jack
Point Arena, CA