[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Fri Jan 21 02:08:36 EST 2011

You guys will like this.  Google is forcing all of the application
developers to start using a Licensing Service.  The application will
have to check in with the market to make sure the application is
authorized before it will run.

I haven't coded it yet, so I am still ignorant in it, but I would think
this would cause trouble when you only run a certain app on plane trips,
etc.  How about my previous contract where in certain places any radio
waves are prohibited and in other places they are blocked.  So much for
my Coal Miner Companion app :-)

Judd