[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

David A. Desrosiers david.a.desrosiers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:24:44 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:19 PM,  <russ at russbutton.com> wrote:
>  I like the Private cloud idea.  I'd be a real fan of that.

It's coming.

With the advent of all of these disparate cloud services and servers,
rife with security issues, exploits and data stored in countries for
which legality is non-existent (i.e. litigating to get your data back
or pursue someone for violating it), people are already building their
own clouds, or maintaining their own services.

People are a lot more aware of the issues now, dare I say... smarter
than they were 5 years ago. This helps.

It's not quite a full COTS solution to get a "Cloud in a Box", but
it's coming. Give it a year.