[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

David A. Desrosiers david.a.desrosiers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:19:46 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM,  <russ at russbutton.com> wrote:
>  Mind you, $30/month
> didn't begin to cover the cost of the data plan (which I didn't have before
> and really didn't need), but if I wanted the job, that was part of the gig.

Funny, Judd and I just had a very similar conversation on irc a day or
two ago. If you're doing work for the company, they should be paying
for it. If you're paying for hardware or services that the company is
taking advantage of, they should be paying for it (directly). If
they're not, you should extract that back.

If they overlap your personal life/finances, you're entitled to do the
same: take a 1/2 day off, work from home, take care of equivalent
personal business on work time, etc.

I know that sounds harsh, but if they're not going to allow you to do
that, but they "require" you to pay for company resources out of your
personal, discretionary income, then give them the boot and find a job
that treats you like an employee, and not an indentured servant.