[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

russ at russbutton.com russ at russbutton.com
Thu Jan 20 19:03:49 EST 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:19:24 -0500, "James E. LaBarre"
<j.e.labarre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/20/2011 03:40 PM, Judd Montgomery wrote:
>> This thread started in Sep 2009.  The user base for PalmOS and jpilot
>> has to be shrinking.  Here is a poll for the list:  What platform are
>> people going to?

I went to a Nokia N900 about 9 months ago, but will probably go Android at
some point.   There's a lot of noise about Android being ported to the
N900, so that's where I'll probably go once the port is actually complete.

I'm a Linux sysadmin, not a developer.  I'm good with /bin/sh, regular
expressions and not a lot else.  If there's something I can do to
contribute, I'm happy to, but I'm don't know how much help I'd actually be.

Frankly I was quite happy with my Treo 680, but I took a gig where they
demanded I have a phone with features the Treo just did not have, so I went
to the N900.

Russ