[jp] What Determines Initial View?

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 10:20:37 EST 2011

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   It used to be that when I logged in each morning and started X, jpilot
> would open in its virtual desktop displaying the contact list. (Xfce's
> session manager loads most of the applications open when X was killed.)
> Now,
> however, it's displaying a memo category. I would like to learn what
> controls this initial view so I can change that to the calendar view.
>
>   I keep the calendar view as my primary one and that's what is displayed
> when I kill X and log out in the evening. Since that's the database on
> display, why does jpilot show the contacts (as it used to) or a memo (as it
> now does)?

Its the "last_app" setting in ~/.jpilot/jpilot.rc

100 = Calendar
101 = Contacts
102 = ToDo
103 = Memo

It seems to be set when you exit jpilot. It sounds like you don't
normally explicitly exit jpilot when you shut your machine down, so
this might not normally be saved/changed... But at some point you have
exited jpilot, while using the memo application, and jpilot has
helpfully saved that setting...

--

Cheers

Colin

Rev Colin Brough
Minister
Fintry Parish Church of Scotland, Dundee
Scottish Charity Number: SC020742

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk