[jp] What Determines Initial View?

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Fri Jan 7 10:21:03 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 06:49:32AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   It used to be that when I logged in each morning and started X, jpilot
> would open in its virtual desktop displaying the contact list. (Xfce's
> session manager loads most of the applications open when X was killed.) Now,
> however, it's displaying a memo category. I would like to learn what
> controls this initial view so I can change that to the calendar view.

It is in jpilot.rc and a field called last_app.  The value 100 is for
the calendar.  When you exit jpilot it will overwrite any changes you
made here.  Editing this file would be the hard way to do it.

The easy way would be to start jpilot, go to the calendar view and exit
jpilot.  It should start up in the calendar view.  If you just exit
the window manager and jpilot gets killed it wouldn't have a chance to
write this file out.

>   I keep the calendar view as my primary one and that's what is displayed
> when I kill X and log out in the evening. Since that's the database on
> display, why does jpilot show the contacts (as it used to) or a memo (as it
> now does)?

It reads the config file to start up with the view that was visible
when it last exited (if it had a chance to write the jpilot.rc file).

Judd