[jp] What Determines Initial View?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 7 09:49:32 EST 2011

   It used to be that when I logged in each morning and started X, jpilot
would open in its virtual desktop displaying the contact list. (Xfce's
session manager loads most of the applications open when X was killed.) Now,
however, it's displaying a memo category. I would like to learn what
controls this initial view so I can change that to the calendar view.

   I keep the calendar view as my primary one and that's what is displayed
when I kill X and log out in the evening. Since that's the database on
display, why does jpilot show the contacts (as it used to) or a memo (as it
now does)?

TIA,

Rich