[jp] The Palm is dead

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Mon Dec 19 23:46:11 EST 2011

On 12/19/2011 07:48 PM, LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:
> If you talk to them, maybe you could mention that it would also be a
> plus if B-Folders could also sync to blue-tooth, which will include many
> (older) non wi-fi devices and migrating customers.

I can.  I don't want to start out by asking for something, but offering
them something if they are cooperative.

> I got Palm Desktop 4.2.1c running on OSX 10.6.8 to export the data of my
> Treo 680 to csv, which I will import to B-Folders. The Android device
> will take over from there with B-Folders. Just have to figure out how to
> link the "Handheld Note: Contacts" and the relating "Memos". They can
> only be exported separately, with no common (relational) fields, as far
> as i can see at the moment.
>
> Is it possible to export the "Handheld Note: Contacts" with Linux and
> jPilot related to the contacts?

I don't understand this question.  I'm considering making an export
option for b-folders.  The Contacts could go in a Contact folder, the
Notes in a note folder, and the Todos in a todo folder and KeyRing
records into a KeyRing folder.  Its not ideal, but the best thing I've
found yet.  Ron Jeffries actually found it.

Judd