[jp] The Palm is dead

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Wed Dec 14 07:56:09 EST 2011

Shapeshifter910 <shapeshifter910 at shaw.ca> writes:

> Umm, I guess you haven't seen some of the new phones eh? Recently I
> got me a Samsung Captivate android phone. It's last year's model but
> it blew me away when I saw the screen and the plethora of apps and
> performance (after a bit of tweaking). The quality of the screen by
> itself is more than a reason to switch. All the other features are a
> bonus. Did I mention smooth hd video playback?

I want 1) decent calendar and contacts (cloudless), 2) decent notes and
passwords (CryptoPad, GNU Keyring; cloudless), 3) seamless integration
with free desktop systems, and then, maybe, I'd be interested in HD
video playback.

Viewing video requires a 10" screen, anything smaller is only good for
trailers and YouTube teasers.

-- Johan