[jp] Jpilot wish list - Android phone related

Shapeshifter910 shapeshifter910 at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 14 05:26:12 EST 2011

Hi,
No, I haven't reported the bugs.
The export bug has been ongoing for years and was reported before.
I figured Jpilot has been in maintenance mode for last few years since
there have been so few changes.
I'm now using Thunderbird to hold my contact and calendar data (although
I haven't been using the calendar much).
The Thunderbird addressbook actually works ok so far with the Android
contacts.
I have not resolved my notes yet.
I used Jpilot memo pad for notes. I didn't have many but it was useful
and the categories could be edited and new ones added so it was ok. But
no interface for quickly switching between categories, like a toolbar or
tabs so I didn't use it as much as I'd like and only kept around 40
memos there.
For years I've been using simple text files for notes since I couldn't
find a good, multiplatform, portable note program. So I do with less but
I can get to my text files from anywhere, even over ssh from my phone to
my computer remotely if I need one I don't have on the phone. And
they're quick to copy and easy to access with just any program that can
open plain text files.
But yeah, I wouldn't mind trying a more sophisticated note or
knowledge-base system.
DejaOffice runs only on the phone, I need something on my computer as I
spend a lot of time in front of the computer, more than with my phone.
And not only it's not open source (which is one of my requirements),
it's Windows only, they don't even have a Mac version yet, never mind
Linux one.
Yeah, I'm not putting any new data to Jpilot any more and once I
transfer my notes out of it I'll probably remove it so it's not
distracting me.
I wish I could keep using it but it just doesn't meet my needs any more.
The limited and broken export being the main problem, but I'm missing
some basic features too, like status line with total records. Right now
I can't even tell how many contacts I have in there.