[jp] The Palm is Dead

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 12 16:56:22 EST 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Johan Vromans wrote:

> Actually I have few problems with carrying two devices. My phone is quite
> small (it's just a phone, nothing fancy) and fits in a different pocket
> than the PDA. I always carry the phone, and I usually, but not always,
> carry the PDA. No big pain.

   And I did this for years, but too often I'd not have one or the other.
That's when I bought by Kyocera smartphone combining the telephone with the
Palm PDA. Then I moved to the Treo 700p. Very handy.

> I spend several hours per day behind my desktop, so for me JPilot is my
> major PIM and the Palm is a portable extension to the PIM. I can, however,
> imagine that other people would consider the handheld as the major PIM.
> For them it is different.

   Like you, most of my time is at the desk and jpilot. But, I have about 800
contacts in the phone (office, mobile, etc.) and it's great to have all
numbers immediately available in the handheld without having to manually
enter them all.

Rich