[jp] The Palm is Dead

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Sun Dec 11 16:16:38 EST 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:52:55 +0100
Johan Vromans <jvromans at squirrel.nl> wrote:

[snip]
> Palm devices are getting old and die.
>
> I love my PalmV, and I love JPilot. One day my PalmV will die, and
> then I have a big problem. Maybe I can lay my hands on a secondhand
> Palm, but that will only be a delay.
[snip]

Be that as it may: Several months ago I bought a reconditioned Palm
Centro, complete with AC charger, car charger, data cable and
holster, from an eBay seller.  As soon as I got it: Put the "new"
Centro into service and put the old one into backup/replacement
status.

Then, a couple months ago, I came kinda close to getting sucked-in to
the not-so-smart phone, expensive data plan thing.  Luckily, the data
plan was about $20-$30/mo. too expensive.  I say "luckily" because now
I'm reading about how the Android platform is "the new Windows,"
carriers themselves putting spyware on the phones, etc.

I'm fed up with agonizing over it all.  I'm staying with the Palm
platform as long as I possibly can.  With two Centros, and the way I
take care of my stuff, that might be a long, long time.

So...

I just ordered a Palm 3397WW Stereo Headphone Audio adapter while I
was in the process of doing some Christmas shopping :)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is