[jp] The Palm is Dead

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sun Dec 11 08:52:55 EST 2011

DrB <bastill at adam.com.au> writes:

> I just received, and acted most successfully on, advice from the
> developer of J-Pilot.
>
> What are your chances of that service on the "competing" systems?

Unfortunately, this is a moot point.

Palm devices are getting old and die.

I love my PalmV, and I love JPilot. One day my PalmV will die, and then
I have a big problem. Maybe I can lay my hands on a secondhand Palm, but
that will only be a delay.

I want my data on my desktop, and on a handheld (smartphone or tablet).
So unless JPilot starts synching with an adequate Android tool, there's
no other option than to switch to a "competing" system.

-- Johan