[jp] The Palm is dead

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Sat Dec 10 12:43:10 EST 2011

If I understand you correctly you only have a copy of your data in your
old Treo.  Just to be sure you don't lose it do a "mkdir treo-backup",
then "pilot-xfer -p usb: -b treo-backup".  Get a backup before you go on.

Then "mv .jpilot .jpilot-old" and start jpilot and sync the palm with
data in it.

To sync your other treo just create a script named jp2.sh (or some name)
#!/bin/bash
JPILOT_HOME=~/jp2
jpilot

At the command line:
mkdir ~/jp2
chmod +x jp2.sh

Then when you run jp2.sh you'll have a separate jpilot that you can sync
with the other Treo.

You can't sync two PalmOS devices, or sync them to the same set of data.
  There isn't enough meta-data to make it work correctly.

If you want data on the other Palm then use jpilot or pilot-xfer to
"install" the ContactsDB-PAdd database and the ContactsDB-PAdd database,
etc.  Each application has a prc, which is the program and a pdb file,
which is the database.  Only install your additional programs and data
you need.

Judd