[jp] The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Dec 8 11:19:41 EST 2011

On 12/08/2011 09:57 AM, Johan Vromans wrote:
> James Seymour<jseymour at linxnet.com>  writes:
>

> The basic problem: we have a nice PDA that we can synch to our desktops.
> It's getting old and broken. So we are looking for a replacement.

But why not instead of a droid, use a pocket-able ( I would say 7" diagonal ) tablet running Linux?
Use skype ( and possibly ekiga someday ) as the phone.  What must have feature does Android have
that a Linux box doesn’t?

My understanding is that the ARM support in Debian is mature.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Even if you are on the right track,
you'll get run over if you just sit there
  - Will Rogers