[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Thu Dec 8 10:57:01 EST 2011

James Seymour <jseymour at linxnet.com> writes:

> In fact: Firearms is one of the
> few products you can buy that are still largely Made in America and are
> largely of high quality.

I feel a deviation coming up. Let's not.

The basic problem: we have a nice PDA that we can synch to our desktops.
It's getting old and broken. So we are looking for a replacement.

As far as I can see right now is that a capable Android handheld (or
tablet) has adequate software (e.g., DejaOffice) and synch capabilities,
albeit not with our familiar JPilot desktops.

Note that for DJO there's no cloud involved (or need not be involved).

Now all we need is a DJO synch to the JPilot desktop. Or a JPilot
replacement on Linux.

My current strategy is to go for a file based synch (.pdb <-> DJO
database) so at least I can have my data in my pocket again.

-- Johan