[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Dec 7 10:33:08 EST 2011

On 12/07/2011 07:05 AM, James Seymour wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:18:30 +0800
> Oon-Ee Ng<ngoonee.talk at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> [snip]
>> I concur, and the app store vets apps for you first.
> [snip]
>
> FSVO "vets."  As I noted earlier: There's a reason the Android platform
> is increasingly becoming referred-to as "the new Windows."  The app
> store is the *only* place from which I'll install apps, and the
> official market app is the *only* app store app I'll use, but I still
> don't trust that market any further than I can throw it.

I have to agree - there is a big difference between a repository where one can get the sources and
one where the sources are lacking.  When people can see the code, the bad behavior stops. More eyes
on the code has important effects ( including evidence of criminal intent ) .

If you don't have open sourcecode, you might as well have all your device files in the cloud - you
have no control over what data they are looking at.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The best way to cheer yourself up
is to try to cheer somebody else up. -- Mark twain