[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Tue Dec 6 22:13:45 EST 2011

On 12/06/2011 06:35 PM, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:

> I'm really quite surprised at this, in the half-year I've been using
> android devices I have never seen 'infections'. As I understand them,
> they only occur when you install apks directly that have been
> downloaded (possibly from ware sites). I'd actually assume that as a
> Linux user you wouldn't be susceptible to this at all.

not a virus Spam messages.. this was from Amazon’s even further jailed store.

> Of course, you could be referring to some applications which foist
> unwanted apps on you, but those are always free applications, that's
> how the authors make their money.

Yes - foist them even when running other apps...

And - just so people know - the kindle fire stores your browser history in the cloud and you will
get 'suggestions to buy' based on your history when you go to amazon.com.

If I had to have such a device, I would prefer IOS.. In the mean time, I will continue using my
eeepc with Debian - I put a better wifi modem in it and can skype, but I can't put it in my coat
pocket...

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.
-- Mark Twain