[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:35:09 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:
> I'm quite disappointed with the android system - it is just like a windows
> box - some kind of spam infection after less than a week.  Usability is just
> not very good. I gave away the Kindle fire to my daughter..

I'm really quite surprised at this, in the half-year I've been using
android devices I have never seen 'infections'. As I understand them,
they only occur when you install apks directly that have been
downloaded (possibly from ware sites). I'd actually assume that as a
Linux user you wouldn't be susceptible to this at all.

Of course, you could be referring to some applications which foist
unwanted apps on you, but those are always free applications, that's
how the authors make their money.