[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

James Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Tue Dec 6 14:30:37 EST 2011

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:21:12 -0600
Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:

> I'm quite disappointed with the android system - it is just like a
> windows box -
[snip]

Not quite so bloated, but, otherwise: Yeah, it kind of is.  In fact
it's becoming increasing known as "the new Windows," for its
loosey-goosey "security, and wild, wild west app development and
deployment situation.  I'd add to that: Instability.  I don't know if
the Vizio tablet I have is any guide, but, if it is, the 'droid OS
is pretty darn unstable.

I'm so underwhelmed that I've stopped lusting after a Motorola Photon.
(And I'd actually installed the Android SDK with the thought of possibly
beginning to approach the Palm -> Android problem.)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is