[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Tue Dec 6 14:29:07 EST 2011

On 12/06/2011 12:33 PM, Paul Donlan wrote:
> Karl:
>
> Have you checked out the Archos Tablets?: USB port, extension card, plus
> availability for Linux OS
>
> Paul

Hmm... I really like the 7" pocket-able form factor..

the link to Debanize this tablet is here:

http://www.debian-archos.com/

Debian has had ARM support for some time now - ( a big undertaking as this included a port to
little-endian ) - the details are in hardware support for displays, touchscreens, camera's.
Accelerometer support is important if you want to use the device in both portrait and landscape. ( I
don't think KDE that yet?)

The amazon reviews are not encouraging as per quality..

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The lottery: a tax on people that don't understand math.