[jp] JPilot & Ubuntu 11.04

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri Dec 2 14:44:31 EST 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:16:44 -0500
Kevin Jaspan <kjaspan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course i could boot up either machine into Windows but the point
> is to avoid doing that. My 5 year old Pentium 2 3.2 GHz is fine in
> Ubuntu but pathetically sluggish in Windows XP.

I'm thinking (as a nonUbuntu user) that something is changed in the
early stages of the sync process. Could one of those affected check for
the 'visor' module being in the kernel, and look in the code that
controls the USB bus usage to see if there is an entry for Palm

I have often read Ubuntu forums to find answers to all sorts of Linux
problems - has anyone posted there for assistance yet?