[jp] JPilot & Ubuntu 11.04

Kevin Jaspan kjaspan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:16:44 EST 2011

Judd, Paul,

I cannot sync with my Palm Z22 on my Asus netbook. I have Oneiric installed
there but I don't know if I have XUbuntu. lsb_release -a just says Ubuntu
11.10. I used to have remix there but it was discontinued and I was forced
to install regular Ubuntu. I have Xubuntu 11.10 on my desktop and cannot
sync, though I once had beep tones with pilot-xfer (though it said it
needed me to supply my user name) but was never able to repeat it.

I thought an imperfect workaround would be to install Ubuntu 10.04 as a
virtual machine within Oracle VirtualBox but I cannot configure USB with
the new version. So I thought I would try WINE but also could not locate
any usb port there. So I am snookered and VERY frustrated.

Of course i could boot up either machine into Windows but the point is to
avoid doing that. My 5 year old Pentium 2 3.2 GHz is fine in Ubuntu but
pathetically sluggish in Windows XP.

Kevin