[jp] Re : The Palm Is Dead, Long Live WebOS-Android with ownCloud?

Edward Comer ecomer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:14:34 EST 2011

I don't recall seeing MyPhoneExplorer mentioned - ( http://www.fjsoft.at/en/highlight.php ). I have not used it but the documentation says that, while it is proprietary, it is free of cost (FreeWare). It is Windows based but works on Linux using WINE with few issues. The developer is willing to port to Linux if he gets adequate support from Linux developers, which despite requests for a Linux version, have not volunteered. It can Connect to your phone via cable, bluetooth or infrared. Supports SonyEricsson, Android and Symbian phones.

A forum entry that explains how to run MyPhoneExplorer on Linux is here:
http://goo.gl/AhxRU

http://www.fjsoft.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7617&highlight=linux

Features:
    * Adressbook - with direct sync to Outlook, GMail, Windows contacts, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Lotus Notes and Tobit David
    * Organizer with calendarview and direct sync to Outlook, Google, Sunbird, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Windows calendar(Vista), Rainlendar, Lotus Notes, Tobit David and net shared calendars (WebDAV, FTP, local)
    * SMS - archive, export, import, excessive messages,...
    * Filebrowser with cachesystem to minimize datatransfer, automatic photosync...
    * Set phoneclock based on atomtime
    * and much more. f.e.: calllists, edit profiles, control phone, memorystatus, phonemonitor,...