[jp] libusb couldn't open USB device; libusb requires write access - jPilot 1.8.1 on openSUSE 12.1

LLLActive at GMX.Net LLLActive at GMX.Net
Wed Dec 21 16:25:28 EST 2011

Hi all,

I get this error on my new openSUSE 12.1 box when trying to sync with
jPilot 1.8.1.
continually running once per second:
libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/002/0014: Permission denied.
libusb requires write access to USB device nodes.

I tried with: chmod -R 770 /dev/bus

Starting jpilot from the console, there are no errors, just nothing
happening. I installed with YaST jPilot 1.8.0, and then updated to 1.8.1
with configure; make; and make install the newest jpilot-1.8.1.tar.gz
<http://jpilot.org/jpilot-1.8.1.tar.gz> (gpg-sig)
<http://jpilot.org/jpilot-1.8.1.tar.gz.asc> (md5sum).
<http://jpilot.org/jpilot-1.8.1.tar.gz.md5sum>

Both have the same problem.