[jp] Identifying /dev After OS Upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 22 10:48:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Judd Montgomery wrote:

>> From a quick websearch it looks like slackware 13.0 isn't using libusb by
> default (so "usb:" won't work).  With udev many devices will appear while
> the Palm is connected and trying to sync and they'll go away later.  So,
> you probably won't find /dev/ttyUSB[0-1] when the palm is not trying to
> sync.

Judd,

   I read the above as telling me that I should see something in
/var/log/messages after I press the cable button and the jpilot icon. I
don't.

> Maybe this is a stupid question, but are you pressing the sync button on
> the cradle/palm, waiting 2 seconds and then syncing jpilot?

   Yes, but it's more like 3-4 seconds.

   What I see this morning, is a message on the Treo that it's connecting to
the desktop. In the jpilot status window I see:

  Syncing on device usb:
  Press the HotSync button now

but I don't hear the tones that indicate a working connection and nothing
happens on the desktop.

   Suggestions, please.

Thanks,

Rich