[jp] Where to get bluetooth help for Treo 700p?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 11 11:25:33 EDT 2010

   Now that Oregon has joined the states requiring hands-free cell phone use
while driving, I figured that I should buy a bluetooth radio for use with my
Treo 700p. After several Google searches I learned that the Plantronics 520
is one of the bluetooth headsets supported by the Verizon version of the
700p, so I bought one on eBay.

   I just tried connecting the phone to the headset but the latter is not
found as a nearby device. Strange. There must be some mail lists or
Web-based forums where I can ask for help. Does anyone here have a
recommendation? I found one from TreoCentral, but a search of the site
turned up no posts using 'Plantronics 520' as the search term.

   Any and all suggestions and pointers will be much appreciated.

TIA,

Rich