[jp] Maemo vs Android - Where do we go post Palm OS?

Jon Schewe jpschewe at mtu.net
Sat Aug 7 13:27:49 EDT 2010

 On 8/6/10 5:34 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Jon Schewe wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the review. I expect that I'm going to be with two devices
>> soon as well. Anyone know what to look for in a basic cell phone that
>> can
>> sync contacts with Linux? Anyone know of what tools to use? I've just
>> seen
>> opensync, is that the best one to use?
>>
>> I'm thinking that if I can sync my contacts from the phone with Linux,
>> then I can sync my contacts from my PDA (whatever that is going to be)
>> with Linux as well and the two contact lists will be in sync.
>
>   I've no idea who your cellular service provider is,
Verizon
> but the Palm Treos
> work great with jpilot and pilot-link. That's cell phone and Palm PDA
> capability in one package. I believe that you can get the Treos (at
> least,
> some models) unlocked with GSM so you can use them anywhere with any
> provider (as I understand the meaning of unlocked GSM).
I currently have a Treo, but I'm in need of replacing them and don't
want to continue investing in a PDA that's essentially dead (no future
development). So my answer at this point is to get a PDA and a basic
cell phone.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital