[jp] jppy example requested

Nicholas Piper nick-moongroup at nickpiper.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 06:24:28 EDT 2009

Tom,

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Tom wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 September 2009, Nicholas Piper wrote:
> > Tom,
> >
> [...]
>
> Thanks, Nick. This looks like exactly what I was thinking. You got the
> part about collecting in both circumstances, and even added a nice part
> for only collecting until the next date marker.
>
> I would just like to verify the indentation is correct for the
> following, since it looks like it is within an if statement that
> precludes this possibility:
>             # it might be that we never found our date marker after all
>             if buffer:
>                 summary = "\n".join(buffer)
>                 yield summary.strip()

We might not have found the date marker, but still end up "in this
block" by finding a note that is like this:

------------
08/04/09
Today I found a letter from 03/04/09

09/04/09
Forgot lunch today.
------------

So we'll end up scanning this note line by line, because it contains
03/04/09 in the note; but we won't find any lines that we wish to
yield.

> I can probably leverage off this to collect the calendar data.

> Now I really want to figure out how build jppy for my platform. I still
> haven't tried your advice to build the source rpm of python-pisock for
> my platform (SuSE 10.3).

I don't remember anything on that, sorry.

If you struggle, mail me directly or via the jppy mailing list. You're
going to want a pretty recent pilot-link, such as 0.12.4.

 Nick