[jp] Patch to allow jpilot-dump to work with the Contacts database

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 02:33:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 14:28 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> Hi all, hacked this together. I'm unsure whether the way I've done vcard
> and ldif (printf instead of ldif_out, for one) is correct, this was
> mainly a copy paste job and hacking around the gtk-related stuff in
> address_gui.c.
>
> All changes are in jpilot-dump.c, except the addition of an addition
> linked object file in Makefile.in.
>
> md5sum of this patch is 1c8af587d5027209d6a85dfbc37f4c08. Am just
> attaching it, if this is not the proper way please let me know.

Something else to mention in addition to this, I noticed that line 621
of contact.c specifies "sort_order: 0=descending,  1=ascending", but in
utils.h lines 112 and 113 there's the following two #defines.

#define SORT_ASCENDING       100
#define SORT_DESCENDING      101

Took me a while to realize why get_contacts always returned the same
order of contacts. Should I open a bug report? Seems a simple fix (all
code uses SORT_ASCENDING if needed anyway, just the comment needs to be
modified).